TidalHealth is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who will provide continuity of care to pediatric patients in the psychiatric child & adolescent (C&A) inpatient acute care unit and the C&A partial hospitalization program as well as assisting with C&A patients in the emergency room and on the medical floors as needed. The psychiatric nurse practitioner will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes psychiatrists, RN’s, psychotherapists, social workers, expressive therapists, and a psychiatric pharmacist.
The unit(s) will be located on TidalHealth Peninsula Regional’s beautiful hospital campus which is part of a robust and growing service line encompassing adult inpatient services, adult partial hospitalization services, 2 outpatient behavioral health clinics, and 24/7 behavioral health services in the emergency department. This position offers the candidate the opportunity to be part of an expanding multidisciplinary team that focuses on service excellence and patient-centered care.
- Assumes primary patient care responsibility for patients in collaboration with the attending psychiatrists.
- Completes the initial psychiatric history, observation, and review of systems and mental status exam.
- Identifies and collaborates with the multidisciplinary team in the design of patient treatment plans.
- Communicates patient status information, attends daily treatment team, rounds on patients, and documents in the medical record.
- Prescribes and manages patient’s psychiatric medications, usage and results.
- Educates patients about treatment plans and medications and other patient care activities as directed by the medical director.
- Evaluates the patient with regard to discharge status.
- Responsible for an inpatient caseload within the pediatric inpatient unit – as well as pediatric patients that are in need of services in the child & adolescent partial hospitalization program, in the emergency room, and on medical floors.
- Knowledgeable of a wide range of disorders; psychiatric, medical, cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral.
- Participates in performance improvement activities within the service line.
- Responsible for participating in family meetings.
Practicing medicine with TidalHealth Medical Partners provides an extraordinary work/life balance. This physician-led, professionally managed, multispecialty group practice is a place that promotes low stress and resilience, and where providers enjoy a familial sense of collegiality.
Peninsula Regional, our flagship tertiary care hospital, is ranked among the 250 BEST HOSPITALS in the nation by Healthgrades® and is a five-star hospital by the Centers Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Nanticoke Hospital was founded in 1945 as a living memorial to those who served our county in a time of war. Nanticoke, a 99-bed community hospital with its own distinction of being named one of the nation’s top 100 Top Hospitals by IBM Watson Health joined the TidalHealth family in January of 2020.
Here at TidalHealth, you get the best of many worlds. Delmarva's Eastern Shore offers easy access to the beach and the Chesapeake Bay. Our physicians and Advanced Practice Providers enjoy family-friendly neighborhoods and a low cost of living and options for private and public schools. The area is rich in outdoor recreational opportunities, including boating, hunting, fishing, golfing, and biking.
Tidal Health: Better Practice. Better Life.
TidalHealth has more than 30 locations throughout Delmarva and is anchored by two award-winning hospitals: TidalHealth Peninsula Regional and TidalHealth Nanticoke.
TidalHealth offers the widest array of specialty and sub-specialty services on the Delmarva Peninsula. We are the largest and most experienced health care provider in the region, and it's our mission to improve the health of our community.
TidalHealth encompasses the former Peninsula Regional Health System - Peninsula Regional Medical Center, Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, McCready Memorial, the Peninsula Regional Medical Group, Nanticoke Physician Network, Delmarva Heart, Peninsula Cardiology. These entities and more are pulling together to make sure every person on Delmarva has a channel of care close to home, with a consistent, quality experience and the ability to access high-level specialties such as neurosurgery and clinical research that might not be available to smaller-scale providers. We really are better together, and our combined forces are working to bring a strong, reliable network of care to our community.
TidalHealth offers a full range of services, including neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery, joint replacement, emergency/trauma care, wound care, and comprehensive cancer care, and provides community health services through a network of family medicine and specialty care offices across Delmarva, health pavilions in Millsboro, DE, in Ocean Pines, MD and with its Wagner Wellness Van.
TidalHealth is also proud to be an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network (JHCRN), a group of academic and community-based clinical researchers designed to provide new opportunities for research collaborations.