Instructions for colonoscopy preparation with CLENPIQ for patients of TidalHealth Gastroenterology in Salisbury
Please follow all instructions as seen below for a complete preparation. If you do not follow these instructions and your preparation is not complete, your test may be cancelled.
You will need to purchase one (1) bottle of lemon magnesium citrate when you pick up your preparation at the pharmacy. You will need to take this if your stools are not clear like water or pale yellow after taking your preparation.
The day before your procedure
- Follow a clear liquid diet
- Do not drink milk
- Do not drink anything with red, blue or purple dye or food coloring
- Do not drink alcohol
- Coffee or tea (no milk or non-dairy creamers)
- Fruit juice (no pulp)
- Sports drinks
- Jell-O (no fruit or toppings)
- Popsicles (no sherbets, fruit bars or fudge popsicles)
- Hard candy
How to take CLENPIQ bowel preparation kit
You will be taking your prep in two doses.
- 5 pm (the night before your procedure): Drink (1) 10 oz. bottle of CLENPIQ.
- 5 pm to 6 pm: You must drink five (5) more 8 oz. containers of water.
- The morning of your procedure: nothing to eat or drink by mouth except the second half of your preparation.
- 5 hours prior to your procedure arrival time: drink the second 10 oz. bottle of CLENPIQ liquid. Drink four (4) more 8 oz. containers of water over the next 1 hour. You must finish the last glass of water at least 4 hours prior to your procedure.
Both 10 oz. bottles of CLENPIQ are required for a complete preparation. No exceptions. After your prep, if your stools are not clear like water or pale yellow, you should drink the entire bottle of magnesium citrate.
Please be prepared to discuss these instructions when we call you prior to your appointment.