Many options are available for vaccination in our communities. And it is FREE of charge! All COVID-19 vaccinations currently available have been tested and found to be safe and effective. Learn more from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
For ages 12 to 17, ONLY the Pfizer vaccine has been authorized. Please call the vaccination site before going, to ensure the correct vaccine is available, and note that a parent/legal guardian must be present to sign consent. Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson are all approved for ages 18 and up.
Easily locate a vaccine center near you: https://www.vaccines.gov/
Currently, CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
• Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
• Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection
• Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
State and County Health Department clinics: Visit coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine to find a clinic near you.
TidalHealth Home Scripts Ocean Pines: To schedule an appointment, visit healthmartcovidvaccine.com. For those who need directions to the clinic, its full street address is at TidalHealth Home Scripts Ocean Pines, 11101 Cathage Road, Berlin, MD 21811. They may be reached at 410-543-4769.
Vaccinations are also available from some primary care providers, plus local health departments such as Wicomico, Somerset and Worcester. Other vaccine providers include pharmacies like Apple Drug in Fruitland, MD, and retail locations such as Walmart and Sam's Club.
State of Delaware: Click here for information.
Some pharmacies and medical providers are also offering vaccinations. Click here for info, or call 833-643-1715, option 2.
Eastern Shore Rural Health: Call 757-336-3682 or click here.
Accomack Health Department: Call 757-787-5880