Posted on August 05, 2021
Given the most recent increase in new COVID-19 cases in the communities served by TidalHealth, we are limiting outside persons entering TidalHealth Peninsula Regional and TidalHealth Nanticoke hospitals and TidalHealth McCready Pavilion Emergency Services (the nursing home and assisted living in Crisfield are NOT affected).
This measure is taken to reduce the risk of the COVID -19 virus being spread to patients, employees, and visitors. The delta variant is extremely transmissible and extra precautions are needed. All essential hospital personnel will wear the appropriate personal protective equipment while in the facility. We believe it is necessary to restrict all non-essential traffic into the hospitals at this time. As during the previous COVID-19 pandemic surges, accommodations will be made for special circumstances such as end-of-life situations and disabled patients. The following restrictions are now in place:
- Visitation will not be allowed at all TidalHealth hospitals in all areas. Exceptions will include end-of-life visitation and disabled people who need a support person, as well as Labor & Delivery/Mother-Baby patients, who may have one support person with them at all times (only one designated person the whole time).
- Emergency department visitors are limited to one support person per patient, when the patient is in a room. There is no waiting permitted in the waiting room; the visitor will be called in.
- Outside vendors are not permitted inside our facilities unless required for medical care.
- For outpatient surgeries, one support person may remain with the patient only until they are taken back into surgery.
- One support person is permitted during diagnostic imaging and testing.
- Masks are required at all TidalHealth facilities. Gaiters and bandanas are not permitted.
We encourage loved ones to stay in touch with family members via phone, Facetime and other electronic means. E-cards are available on our website here.
We encourage everyone to be vaccinated – it is the best way to prevent the spread and to reduce hospitalization. Please make an appointment today at https://www.tidalhealth.org/covid-19-vaccine-information.
These restrictions will remain in place as long as needed to protect our patients, staff and community.