Posted on October 20, 2021
TidalHealth announced today that 18 of its services earned 5-star rankings in 2022 from Healthgrades, the leading resource that connects consumers, physicians and health systems. The Healthgrades 5-star ranking indicates those service lines are performing statistically significantly better than their counterparts at other United States hospitals.
At TidalHealth Peninsula Regional in Salisbury, Maryland, 5-star designations were earned in the following service lines:
- Treatment of Pneumonia for 16 consecutive years (2007-2022)
- Overall Carotid Procedures for twelve years in a row (2011-2022)
- Hip Fracture Treatment for seven years in a row (2016-2022)
- Repair of Abdominal Aorta for six consecutive years (2017-2022)
- Treatment of Sepsis for five years in a row (2018-2022)
- Total Knee Replacement for four consecutive years (2019-2022)
- Treatment of Respiratory Failure for four consecutive years (2019-2022)
- Peripheral Vascular Bypass for three consecutive years (2020-2022)
- Treatment of Heart Attack for two years (2021 and 2022)
- New 5-star designations in 2022 for TidalHealth Peninsula Regional are Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery and Spinal Fusion Surgery.
At TidalHealth Nanticoke in Seaford, Delaware, 5-star designations were earned in the following service lines:
- Hip Fracture Treatment for two years in a row (2021 and 2022)
- New 5-star rankings in 2022 for TidalHealth Nanticoke are Total Hip Replacement and Gallbladder Removal Surgery.
Every year, Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 31 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions. For its analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 45 million Medicare inpatient records for nearly 4,500 short-term acute care hospitals nationwide to assess hospital performance in 31 common conditions and procedures. Hospitals cannot choose to opt in our out of a Healthgrades performance review.