Established in 2012, our ASHP accredited program focuses on development of clinical skills in an acute care community medical center.
Our department of pharmacy services provides care to patients on a 24 hour basis. Clinical pharmacy services are an integral part of the patient care team at TidalHealth Peninsula Regional.
The PGY1 residency position is designed to provide residents with an opportunity to further expand their knowledge, leadership skills and competency as it relates to general clinical pharmacy services. The work experience gained during the PGY1 residency at TidalHealth will prepare the resident to function as a general clinical pharmacist in a hospital setting, continue advanced training through a PGY-2 residency or fellowship, or apply for a faculty appointment at a school of pharmacy.
One of the main focuses of the residency program is to provide the resident with tools necessary to expand their ability to critically evaluate situations. This occurs through a strengthening of their clinical judgment and refinement of their problem-solving skills. The resident will work with several teams throughout the program, each offering a unique experience and the chance to grow as a clinical practitioner.
Opportunities for teaching and precepting students during the residency are available through an affiliation between TidalHealth and the University of Maryland Eastern Shore School of Pharmacy and Health Professions.
For questions, please contact:
Pharmacy Residency Program
- ASHP Summary Document
- Residency Overview
- Current PGY1 Residents
- Alumni of the Program
- Requirements for Successful Completion of Residency Program
- TidalHealth PGY1 Residency Manual
- Policy on Resident Staffing
- Policy on Resident Fatigue
- Policy on Resident Dismissal
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore School of Pharmacy
- Information on the Eastern Shore of Maryland
- ASHP website application information
- Respect, compassion, and accountability are embedded in the values that all employees of our health system should uphold every day. Our community relies on us to care for everyone with kindness and compassion, and always to do the right thing. Treating everyone fairly is important to earn and build our community's confidence in us.
- Racial discrimination will never be permitted at our organization. Racism plays a detrimental role in health, and hospitals and health providers must stand against it. TidalHealth is committed to equality — in our community, in our patient care and in our workforce.
- Our mission is to improve the health of the communities we serve — and that means all communities here on Delmarva. To fulfill our mission, we must work together with positivity, consideration, and collaboration. All employees should ensure their actions and words are in keeping with the values that we are always expected to uphold, whether at work or in public.
- In alignment with our values and standards of behavior, inclusive excellence demands that we confront and reject all manifestations of discrimination or harassment, including those based on race, ethnicity, age, disability, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, religious beliefs or any of the other differences among people that have been excuses for hatred. A thriving health system needs diversity within the workforce that reflects the diversity of the people it serves. We all must respect that diversity, because to work effectively, it is essential for us to work in harmony.
- Racism causes division and pain, and we stand for unity and healing. We are stronger together, we thrive together — together we make a difference in people's lives. We will work together with accountability to ensure we are an anti-racist organization where every person matters.